From: Justin R Findlay <justin@××××××××.us>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What is the release date for 2006.1?
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 03:59:06
1 On Wed, Aug 02, 2006 at 05:40:17PM -0700, Richard Fish wrote:
2 > Well the main reason is because profiles will disappear from portage
3 > after a certain amount of time, and you can't really run without a
4 > profile!!
5
6 Right, but I still don't understand why it doesn't auto update when it's
7 "ready", because for people like me who rarely visit the gentoo main
8 page I'm not going to know about a new profile unless I manually look
9 around in /usr/portage/profiles. Mainly I don't like it because it
10 comes too close to violating my sense of laziness.
13 Justin
14 --
15 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list