From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What is the release date for 2006.1?
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 06:40:50
1 On Wed, 2006-08-02 at 21:55 -0600, Justin R Findlay wrote:
2 > On Wed, Aug 02, 2006 at 05:40:17PM -0700, Richard Fish wrote:
3 > > Well the main reason is because profiles will disappear from portage
4 > > after a certain amount of time, and you can't really run without a
5 > > profile!!
6 >
7 > Right, but I still don't understand why it doesn't auto update when it's
8 > "ready", because for people like me who rarely visit the gentoo main
9 > page I'm not going to know about a new profile unless I manually look
10 > around in /usr/portage/profiles.
11
12 yes you will know. Eventually you will get a message every time you do
13 an emerge that says something like "your profile is deprecated, please
14 see www.blah.blah for information on updating to the latest profile"...
15
16 so you will know when it matters :)
20 >Ever heard of .cshrc?
21 That's a city in Bosnia. Right?
22 (Discussion in comp.os.linux.misc on the intuitiveness of commands.)
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list