From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Why my wierd ifconfig setup won't work in iproute2... ever.
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2015 16:36:55
1 On 02/28/2015 07:22 PM, Walter Dnes wrote:
2 >> This document does not recommend that IPv4 Link-Local addresses and
3 >> routable addresses be configured simultaneously on the same interface.
4 >
5 > * My only option in an iproute2-only environment would be to get a 2nd
6 > NIC and attach the TV tuner to it.
7 >
8 > * My HDHomerun tuner is almost a museum-piece (spring of 2010). I
9 > figure that by the time ifconfig support is finally deprecated, I'll
10 > be looking for a new tuner, rather than buying another NIC.
11 >
12 > So I'll keep going with 'modules="!iproute2"' until ifconfig is
13 > deprecated.
16 I got my HDHomerun tuner around then too, but I decided back then
17 (without reading the manual) that I didn't want it on my "main" NIC, so
18 I bought an Intel pci-e NIC and dedicated the Homerun to it.
19
20 Every once in a while I move the computer (unplugging everything) and
21 when I go to plug it back in I can never remember which network port is
22 which. I should really label those ports. :-)
23
24 Dan