From: Etaoin Shrdlu <shrdlu@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ext3 with errors
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 13:40:36
1 Sorry, I hit "send" too early; my answer is missing the last part.
2
3 On Sunday 30 September 2007, Etaoin Shrdlu wrote:
4
5 > > Is it possible that you mean regular expressions and not Bash's
6 > > expansion feature?
7
8 This is possible (well, sort of) enabling the "extglob" option in
9 bash. But still, this is not directly related to whether "*" expansion
10 includes names starting with "." or not.
11 Getting all the files, including those starting with "." (but
12 excluding "." and "..") using standard bash is not really easy; an
13 approximation could be taking the files matching "*", ".[^.]*",
14 and "..[^$]*". These patterns still expand to their literal values if no
15 files match, so at least the "nullglob" option would be useful to avoid
16 error messages.
17 --
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list