From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Grub2 and softlevels
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2014 15:09:03
1 Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 >On 2014-01-25 7:18 AM, Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3 >> I've been operating this way for years and maintained the kernel
4 >versions
5 >> manually. That was not a lot of work, with the help of some
6 >elementary bash-
7 >> ing and copy&pasting, and I don't want the flexibility of boot
8 >options thrown
9 >> away by switching to a supposedly better grub.
10 >>
11 >> Any ideas anyone?
12 >>
13 >> [1]https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/GRUB2_Migration
14 >
15 >Like you, I've always done this manually, and in fact I prefer it that
16 >way.
17 >
18 >Personally, if/when I take the plunge, I'll just continue to do it
19 >manually with Grub2:
20 >
21 >https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/GRUB2_Quick_Start#Manual_Configuration
22
23 Is there a more comprehensive howto on how to convert grub legacy to grub2?
24
25 I use xen and initramfs. And the options in grub legacy don't work with grub2.
26
27 Many thanks,
28
29 Joost
30 --
31 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.