From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Grub2 and softlevels
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2014 13:07:40
1 On 2014-01-25 7:18 AM, Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > I've been operating this way for years and maintained the kernel versions
3 > manually. That was not a lot of work, with the help of some elementary bash-
4 > ing and copy&pasting, and I don't want the flexibility of boot options thrown
5 > away by switching to a supposedly better grub.
6 >
7 > Any ideas anyone?
8 >
9 > [1]https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/GRUB2_Migration
10
11 Like you, I've always done this manually, and in fact I prefer it that way.
12
13 Personally, if/when I take the plunge, I'll just continue to do it
14 manually with Grub2:
15
16 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/GRUB2_Quick_Start#Manual_Configuration