From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Serial modem and permissions problem.
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 20:51:06
1 On Wednesday 07 March 2007 21:31:49 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > > The only module I have is nvidia.  I build everything into my kernel
3 > > that I can.  I was hoping there was a way to sort of "restart" or
4 > > "reload" udev but I couldn't find one and nobody posted one either.  I
5 > > guess there is now two reasons you may have to reboot.
6 >
7 > Or another reason to use modules. You could try using udevstart to
8 > repopulate /dev
9
10 I believe it's udevtrigger rather than udevstart that should be used
11 nowadays...
14 Bo Andresen