From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Serial modem and permissions problem.
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 20:37:31
1 On Wed, 07 Mar 2007 13:06:23 -0600, Dale wrote:
2
3 > > The next time you update udev, your changes will be overwritten.
4 > > Changes should go in 10-local.rules.
7 > Thanks. I forgot about that little detail. I better find a how to
8 > somewhere.
9
10 http://www.reactivated.net/udevrules.php
11
12 > > If your serial port driver is built as a module, you can avoid the
13 > > reboot by rmmodding and modprobing the driver. The second reboot was
14 > > unnecessary anyway, restarting nut should have picked up the group
15 > > changes.
16
17 > The only module I have is nvidia. I build everything into my kernel
18 > that I can. I was hoping there was a way to sort of "restart" or
19 > "reload" udev but I couldn't find one and nobody posted one either. I
20 > guess there is now two reasons you may have to reboot.
21
22 Or another reason to use modules. You could try using udevstart to
23 repopulate /dev.
27 Neil Bothwick
28
29 I have a spelling checker, it came with my Pea See;
30 It helps me too correct Miss Steaks eye mite knot sea.
31 I ran these versus threw it, yew mae bee pleased too no
32 Its word prefect in every weight; my spell cheque tolled me sew!