From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ARGH I uninstalled python
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 23:19:11
1 Jon Hardcastle wrote:
2 > I was trying to do a emerge --update ask world and it kept failing on updating python-updater and it was tripping over the python install.... soooooo i did the 'sensible' thing and unemerged python. NOW I REALISE THAT PYTHON IS INTEGRAL TO emerge.
3 >
4 > Can i fix this????
5 >
6 > Also, perhaps some more warnings?!? the warning message was the standard one.. which i ignored thinking i could just reinstall it immediately.
7 >
8 > No joy!
11 > -----------------------
12 > N: Jon Hardcastle
13 > E: Jon@×××××××××××.com
14 > 'Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring worries of its own.'
15 >
16 > Please sponsor me for the London to Brighton 2009.
17 > Just Giving: http://www.justgiving.com/jonathanhardcastle
18 > -----------------------
26 Do you keep a binary copy in /usr/portage/packages/All/ by any chance?
27 This is done by setting the FEATURES= in make.conf.
28
29 If not, I think they keep a binary package on Gentoo somewhere. There
30 may be other places as well.
31
32 If all else fails and you happen to have a system that is compatible
33 with mine, I could send you mine. :-)
34
35 Dale
36