From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What happens with masked packages?
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 21:33:24
1 On Wednesday 22 February 2006 13:55, Thierry de Coulon
2 <tcoulon@××××××××.ch> wrote about '[gentoo-user] What happens with masked
3 packages?':
4 > I'm running an amd64 Gentoo (but this is not a specific amd64 question)
5 > and have installed a few ~amd64 masked packages - and some work amzingly
6 > well.
7
8 Glad to hear it. I run entirely ~amd64 on my desktop and things work like
9 a charm.
10
11 > So I googled for information as to where I might report success, so that
12 > they might be unmasked, but didn't find that info.
13
14 No need to report success. If the maintainer is happy with the ebuild and
15 there are no bugs filed for 30 days (or is it 90?) the package will be
16 moved from testing (~arch) to stable (arch).
17
18 Remember that these keywords are (generally) for the ebuild, and doesn't
19 indicate how well the product provided by upstream works.
22 Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.
23 bss03@××××××××××.com
24 ICQ: 514984 YM/AIM: DaTwinkDaddy
25 --