From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Bouncing Messages
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2018 23:53:34
1 On 2018-03-01 23:48, Branko Grubic wrote:
2
3 > > I keep my messages locally so when I miss messages, it can throw a
4 > > thread into some random weirdness. If one uses the web interface to
5 > > read/reply etc then it wouldn't matter but for those who use email
6 > > software, it seems we are missing something.
7
8 > I have no idea, does it mean it bounced, and mailing list software did
9 > re-send them later or not. I don't see a way to use those numbers to
10 > find out which email message relates to the number. So no answer for
11 > any of those.
12
13 Just to clarify: what I see is messages _I_ send to the list bounced by
14 some recipients (presumably list subscribers), the bounces coming from
15 Microsoft outlook/365 servers.
16
17 I myself don't seem miss to any messages in this list, and I get back
18 mine as well, which tells me this is not a problem with the list server.
21 Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
22 if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
23 To reply privately _only_ on Usenet and on broken lists
24 which rewrite From, fetch the TXT record for no-use.mooo.com.