From: Branko Grubic <bitlord0xff@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Bouncing Messages
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2018 22:52:03
1 On Thu, 1 Mar 2018 16:38:42 -0600
2 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Branko Grubic wrote:
5 > > On Thu, 1 Mar 2018 14:42:35 -0600
6 > > R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com> wrote:
7 > >
8 ...
11 > I have got a couple recently as well.  I wonder, can this be used to
12 > retrieve those messages somehow??
15 > Here is the list of the bounced messages:
16 > - 182748
17 > - 182749
18 > - 182751
21 > I keep my messages locally so when I miss messages, it can throw a
22 > thread into some random weirdness. If one uses the web interface to
23 > read/reply etc then it wouldn't matter but for those who use email
24 > software, it seems we are missing something.
25 >
26 > I might also wonder, what happened to 182750??
27 ...
28
29 I have no idea, does it mean it bounced, and mailing list software did
30 re-send them later or not. I don't see a way to use those numbers to
31 find out which email message relates to the number. So no answer for
32 any of those.
33
34 But what is interesting is that all of us use gmail.
35
36 It could be that gmail is receiving a lot of messages from
37 lists.gentoo.org and that triggers some spam protection? :(
38
39 Regards,
40 Branko