From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Eterm not emerging
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 16:55:12
1 Nicholas Hockey schrieb:
2 > LOOK I'M TOP POSTING IN ALL CAPS, OMG YOU MIGHT DIE!!!!
3 >
4 > I don't know why ppl just want to bitch about top posting and HTML? Sure
5 > back when we were all on an old external hays 9600 it was irritating to
6 > download all that extra crap.
7
8 So it is nowadays. Where's the GAIN in using HTML? If people
9 use HTML to do some (senseful) markup, I wouldn't object. But
10 have a look at
11
12 Message-ID: <4364D68A.6060901@××××××××××.net>
13 Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 08:19:54 -0600
14 From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
15
16 The text/plain part is only about 600 bytes. The text/html
17 part is about 1500 bytes. 1500 bytes for nothing at all.
18 So the mail was 2100 bytes in size, while 600 would have
19 been sufficient. That's just EXTREMELY bad behaviour.
20
21 > But adding a few extra kb doesn’t mean
22 > much now,
23
24 That's not the point. It adds few extra kb for nothing at all.
25
26 > Could you try not to send HTML messages to the list? A big portion of
27 >
28 > us read our emails under command line, and people like me don't have a
29 >
30 > brain that can parse the HTML and make sense of it before my finger
31 >
32 > hits the "delete" button.
36 > Also please try to avoid top posting.
37
38 What's that? Why are you writing this? This contradicts
39 all you've written at the top that mail. Strange.
40
41 But here you're completely right in those last few lines.
42
43 Alexander Skwar
44 --
45 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list