From: Nicholas Hockey <tilt@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Eterm not emerging
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 14:41:26
1 LOOK I'M TOP POSTING IN ALL CAPS, OMG YOU MIGHT DIE!!!!
2
3 I don't know why ppl just want to bitch about top posting and HTML? Sure
4 back when we were all on an old external hays 9600 it was irritating to
5 download all that extra crap. But adding a few extra kb doesn't mean much
6 now, get over yourself, and just FYI I rarely ever top post, and I never use
7 HTML e-mail. I did this in hopes that you would have a coronary and die.
8 You're just one of those people that do nothing all day, but find fault with
9 everything. How 'bout for once you actually help somebody, instead of
10 feeding your own superiority complex. "Look at me I'm perfect, I type
11 plaintext, I don't top post AND I know how to use a console to read my
12 e-mail! I am so much better than you. Yield to my superiority!!" You are not
13 special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You're the same
14 decaying organic matter as everything else. Now you want to know a waste of
15 bandwidth, look you quoted this whole e-mail just to say stop wasting a few
16 kb. Oh and by the way most console based e-mail clients can parse HTML,
17 learn to configure your client instead of making everyone comply with your
18 every whim. That's all I wanted to say. as for the Eterm problem, looks like
19 imlib should be re-emerged, then Eterm should link fine. Have a nice day.
23 Could you try not to send HTML messages to the list? A big portion of
24
25 us read our emails under command line, and people like me don't have a
26
27 brain that can parse the HTML and make sense of it before my finger
28
29 hits the "delete" button.
33 Also please try to avoid top posting.
37 -- Joe
43 There are 3 kinds of people in the world:
44
45 Those who can count, and those who can't.
49 Money can't buy everything.
50
51 Sometimes money can't even buy a gun...
57 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list