From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Full disk encryption
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 15:29:36
1 On Wed, 30 Nov 2011 16:19:18 +0100, czernitko wrote:
2
3 > I would like to set up an encrypted partition for my /home directories
4 > on Gentoo Hardened. Which approach do you recommend?
5
6 Do you want a single encrypted filesystem, or separately encrypted home
7 directories for each user. for the former, emerge cryptsetup, use it to
8 create the encrypted block device and set it up in /etc/conf.d/dmcrypt.
9
10 For individually encrypted home directories, using ecryptfs on top of a
11 standard filesystem, as used by Ubuntu, is probably the best way.
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 "You want us to do WHAT?" - Ancient Chinese wall engineer.