From: tastytea <gentoo@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] --depclean wants to remove openrc. Yikes!
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2021 20:14:03
1 On 2021-07-21 20:06+0000 Alan Mackenzie <acm@×××.de> wrote:
2
3 > Hello, Gentoo.
4 >
5 > As prompted after the recent perl update, I did # emerge --depclean
6 > -va.
7 >
8 > emerge included openrc (the only version of it on my system) in the
9 > packages it planned to remove. It was kind enough to give me a
10 > warning that this "might" do bad things, but I was somewhat shocked
11 > to see it there at all. I might have accidentally typed 'y' instead
12 > of 'n'.
13 >
14 > Maybe the program wants revenge at me executing so seldomly. Or
15 > something like that.
16 >
17 > But now, my question is how can I trust --depclean even a little bit
18 > after that? Do I have to go through all the package versions,
19 > manually removing the obsolete ones? There are several hundred. :-(
20
21 I'm not sure why it would want to remove openrc, as far as I know it
22 should be part of the @system set unless you're on a systemd profile.
23
24 You can record it in your @world set with `emerge --select --noreplace
25 sys-apps/openrc`. That should prevent accidental removals.
26
27 Kind regards, tastytea
30 Get my PGP key with `gpg --locate-keys tastytea@××××××××.de` or at
31 <https://tastytea.de/tastytea.asc>.