From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] The most legal way to specify slim and openbox as session?
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 12:37:33
1 Your login manager (usually called Display Manager) is to be
2 configured in /etc/conf.d/xdm:
3
4 # What display manager do you use ? [ xdm | gdm | kdm | kdm-4.3 | gpe
5 | entrance ]
6 # NOTE: If this is set in /etc/rc.conf, that setting will override this one.
7 #
8 # KDE-specific note:
9 # - If you are using kdeprefix go with "kdm-4.Y", e.g. "kdm-4.3".
10 # You can find possible versions by looking at the directories in /usr/kde/.
11 # - Else, if you are using KDE 3 enter "kdm-3.5"
12 # - Else, if you are using KDE 4 enter "kdm" without a version
13 DISPLAYMANAGER="slim"
14
15 The session manager should either be set in /etc/rc.conf:
16
17 XSESSION="openbox"
18
19 and/or in /etc/env.d/90xsession:
20
21 XSESSION="openbox"
22
23 depending on which version of baselayout you have.
24
25 HTH.
26