From: Trenton Adams <trenton.d.adams@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] package conflict on update
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 23:38:21
1 On 1/5/06, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Thu, 5 Jan 2006 11:10:38 +0000, Tom Martin wrote:
3 >
4 > > > To the portage developers, how could this be handled? Perhaps emerge
5 > > > could somehow figure out the reason for such a conflict, and then
6 > > > automatically unmerge the original package?
7 >
8 > > Not really a question to the portage developers -- just unmerge
9 > > openmotif (the blocker) and continue as normal.
10 >
11 > If would be nice is portage had a means for developers to handle these
12 > types of conflicts in the ebuild. A similar thing happened recently with
13 > xpdf/poppler, it happened with some FTP servers and the ftp-base package
14 > not long ago. I realise it is not possible to handle all conflicts, but
15 > with some instances, like this one, the conflict is expected. even if
16 > there were just a means to print a message if a package hits a block,
17 > something like
18 >
19 > if_blocked_by('openmotif')
20 > ewarn "You must unmerge openmotif before proceeding"
21
22 Yes, or as follows...
23
24 if_blocked_by('openmotif')
25 auto_unmerge('openmotif')
26 # continue with merge which should automatically be merging openmotif anyhow.
30 > --
31 > Neil Bothwick
32 >
33 > I am Tagline of Borg. Prepare to assimilate me.
39 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list