From: Hazen Valliant-Saunders <hazenvs@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Frozen after Upgrade
Date: Mon, 03 May 2010 13:41:03
1 Disable your xdm login script;
2
3 Regards,
4 Hazen.
7 On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 9:31 AM, Colleen Beamer <colleen.beamer@×××××.com>wrote:
8
9 > Hi,
10 > Yesterday, I updated my system. On reboot, I get to my login screen,
11 > but then everything is frozen - the cursor blinks in the box where I
12 > am supposed to enter my password, but the keyboard doesn't work and my
13 > mouse is frozen. I don't know if this has something do do with the
14 > xorg update that happened in connection with my nvidia driver.
15 >
16 > I can't even kill X because, stupid me didn't configure the
17 > Ctrl-Alt-Backspace when it was no longer automatically configured.
18 >
19 > Right now, I have booted from a Kubuntu live CD so was able to get
20 > into the system to write this.
21 >
22 > Is there a way I can fix this without having to do a complete reinstall?
28 Hazen Valliant-Saunders
29 IT/IS Consultant
30 (613) 355-5977