From: "Mickaël Bucas" <mbucas@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Missing digest for *** Tree looks messed up.
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 08:55:24
1 2015-08-10 2:15 GMT+02:00 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>:
2 >
3 > Howdy,
4 >
5 > I'm sure I'm not alone on monitoring -dev to see upcoming changes. I
6 > noticed they switched to git or something and it seems to have caused a
7 > bit of trouble. At least I think it may have. I did my usual 'eix-sync
8 > && emerge -uvaDN world'. The sync took MUCH longer than usual. I'm
9 > talking a WHOLE LOT longer than usual. My first thought, one time thing
10 > because of the changes, maybe. Then I got a screen full of this sort of
11 > stuff.
15 > * Missing digest for
16 >
17 '/var/cache/portage/tree/media-libs/fontconfig/fontconfig-2.11.1-r2.ebuild'
18 [...]
19
20 I got a similar list about all my installed packages. The reason is that
21 the Manifest files have changed.
22 Before there was a digest for each ebuild in a category, as can be seen
23 here :
24 https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo-portage-rsync-mirror/blob/master/kde-base/knotes/Manifest
25 Now there is only the digests for source files
26 https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/tree/kde-base/knotes/Manifest
29 > Can I take that "just saying" above back and say FUBAR instead? :-(
30 >
31 > Thoughts??
32 >
33 > Dale
34
35 Either the Manifest generator encountered a problem, or the digest for
36 ebuilds is not necessary in new versions of portage, but the latter is less
37 likely in my opinion as it would lower overall security.
38 I didn't find a bug about this subject, but I don't really know what and
39 where to search...
40
41 Who could we ask for more insight into that strange behavior ?
42
43 Best regards
44 Mickaël Bucas