From: Christoph Eckert <ce@×××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo on Mac Mini Intel
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2006 09:45:53
1 HI Rick,
4 > Yes, Gentoo should run on it.
5 > Use the plain x86 installer.
6
7 that's good news :) .
8
9 > The only problem might be the new type of bios that is in the intel
10 > mac series, I'm not sure how well it is supported by linux.
11 >
12 > I haven't seen any positive or negative messages about running linux
13 > on an intel mac so can't help you there.
14
15 I even wonder if all interfaces (USB, firewire, graphics) will work on
16 the box.
17
18 > And dual booting should be possible, it was always possible with the
19 > old apples.
20
21 I hope Apple didn't do some magic to prevent installation of other OSes
22 like Mac OS X.
23
24 Anyway, I guess I will give it a try.
27 Thanks & best regards
30 ce
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list