From: Rick van Hattem <Rick.van.Hattem@××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo on Mac Mini Intel
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2006 02:23:39
1 On Friday 03 March 2006 20:05, Christoph Eckert wrote:
2 > Hi all,
5 > I'm interested in buying an Intel Mac Mini.
6 >
7 > Qestions:
8 >
9 > * Will Gentoo run on it?
10 >
11 > * If so: Which installer is the right one (sorry I'm not that familiar
12 > with processor hardware)?
13 >
14 > * Can it dual boot with the installed Mac OS?
17 > Thanks & best regards
20 > ce
21 Yes, Gentoo should run on it.
22 Use the plain x86 installer.
23
24 The only problem might be the new type of bios that is in the intel mac
25 series, I'm not sure how well it is supported by linux.
26
27 I haven't seen any positive or negative messages about running linux on an
28 intel mac so can't help you there.
29
30 And dual booting should be possible, it was always possible with the old
31 apples.
34 Rick van Hattem Rick.van.Hattem(at)Fawo.nl