From: Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] bypassing CUPS - howto
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 14:27:49
1 On 28 Apr, David W Noon wrote:
2 > On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 13:10:02 +0200, Helmut Jarausch wrote about
3 > [gentoo-user] bypassing CUPS - howto:
4 >
5 >>I'd like to bypass processing by CUPS and send some postscript/pdf file
6 >>directly to a USB / network printer.
7 >>Does anybody know how this can be achieved?
8 >
9 > Why do you need to bypass CUPS?
10
11 Thanks, it's just for debugging.
12
13 Printing some pdf files with acroread makes some printers
14 hang here.
15 To locate the problem source, I'd like to check if the printer
16 works if it gets the postscript or pdf-file (there printer is assumed
17 to accept postscript level 3).
18
19 I hope to use pyusb to print to a USB printer. There is a new version
20 1.0.0a0 on sourceforge.
21
22 Some of my network printers accept file submission via ftp.
23 But what for the other ones?
24
25 Helmut.
28 Helmut Jarausch