From: Alan Mackenzie <acm@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] mdev: sound is only working some of the time.
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 22:34:26
1 Hi, all.
2
3 Got a problem with my system running under mdev. When I try to play CDs
4 (with aqualung feeding into PulseAudio), no sound comes out. However,
5 when I listen to an audio section from a newspaper page such as
6 www.tagesschau.de (no idea what audio format) it works.
7
8 Clearly this is something to do with mdev. I had a look at the devices
9 in /dev, searching for those in group audio. Under udev, I find the
10 following as device nodes:
11
12 adsp audio dsp mixer mixer1 sequencer sequencer2.
13
14 Under mdev, all of these bar one are symlinks into the real nodes in a
15 subdirectory. The odd man out is mixer1 which is a device node, but
16 with owner/group begin root/root (rather than root/audio).
17
18 Can anybody suggest any fix, or further areas of exploration? Thanks!
21 Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).