From: "Jesús García Crespo" <correo@××××××.com> (aka Sevein)
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] GCC only for priviliged users?
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 11:12:13
1 On Fri, 09 Dec 2005 18:29:22 +0100
2 "Spider (D.m.D. Lj.)" <spider@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Fri, 2005-12-09 at 18:21 +0100, Jesús García Crespo wrote:
5 > > Hi! I thought that GCC could means a risk if all of the users of my
6 > > system are able to run it! I talked this with a friend and he
7 > > propossed to create a new group, "compiler", for example, where all
8 > > the users who will be able to run gcc must belong to it!
9 > >
10 > > Wouldn't be interesting to implement this into Gentoo gcc ebuild as
11 > > an USE?
14 > Exactly what risk is there from an end-user running a compiler? A
15 > compiler doesn't access any kind of restricted environment, doesn't
16 > auytomatically create binaries with other rights than its own and is
17 > about as "safe" a product as there can be.
18
19 I meant something like:
20 for (;;) malloc(1000);
21
22 > If you're really paranoid about execution and so on, start reading the
23 > SELinux FAQ and create a ruleset.. The default one is probably more
24 > lenient than you want it ;)
25
26 Yes, I understand. I will read about it.
27
28 Thanks a lot!
32 Jesús García Crespo (aka Sevein)
33 http://www.sevein.com
34 correo@××××××.com
35
36 GnuPG key ID: E2DB17E8 (pgp.escomposlinux.org)