From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] e17 fails to build from svn
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 19:05:25
1 Apparently, though unproven, at 08:43 on Wednesday 18 May 2011, Mick did opine
2 thusly:
3
4 > > Very last comment here:
5 > > http://trac.enlightenment.org/e/ticket/759
6 > > (ignore raster's anti-gentoo packager rants)
10 > > Per your initial post, you have:
13 > > [ebuild R ] dev-libs/eeze-1.0.0 USE="nls -doc -static-libs" 0 kB [0]
17 > > I'm certain you forgot to unmask eeze when it first hit the overlay
18 >
19 > Yes! That was it!
20 >
21 > I had unmasked it on the first machine, but not the second. I am confused
22 > though, shouldn't it come back and tell me that ezee was required as a
23 > dependency and it was masked?
24
25 There's a bug in the ebuild:
26
27 $ equery depends eeze
28 * These packages depend on eeze:
29 x11-wm/enlightenment-9999 (udev ? dev-libs/eeze)
30 (!hal ? dev-libs/eeze)
31 $
32
33 All other deps for efl packages specifically state version -9999 except this
34 one.
35
36 eeze is part of EFL and released as 1.0.0, so that dep is satisfied.
37
38 > Thank you very much! :)
39 >
40 > PS. You didn't say if icons for USB sticks disappear from your desktop
41 > when you unplug them.
42
43 Haven't used e17 much lately and almost never use icons on the desktop
44 (mount/umount in an xterm instead - old habit). But the google search that
45 found the thread above also found something that automounting was done by hal
46 in the past, that ehal is e17 code to interface with hal and it is
47 enabled/disabled at run time using detection routines. Plus a few other
48 snippets of info that led me to believe autodetection of devices doesn't work
49 reliably at this time without hal.
52 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com