From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Howzat!
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 12:05:15
1 On Monday 18 April 2011 02:44:19 Dale wrote:
2
3 > How long does it take to open it when it gets done? Seconds? Minutes?
4
5 I was going to check, but now I can't starrtx on that box.
6
7 Because of the http-replicator problem I mentioned in another thread I decided
8 to throw the book at it and ran "emerge -e world" - natively, not using the
9 build host. It took something like three 24-hour days, and not only has it not
10 fixed the problem, it seems to have introduced another one. I'm beginning to
11 wonder about the disk, which has already had to be replaced under guarantee. Oh,
12 and I forgot to say, Joshua, that this box has 2GB RAM.
13
14 I think I'm going to cop out and try Ubuntu server or something.
15
16 Has anyone here managed to get http-replicator running on a non-Gentoo box? It
17 would be good to keep a distfiles repository somewhere on the LAN, and the box in
18 question is supposed to be the LAN server, after all.
21 Rgds
22 Peter