From: Benno Schulenberg <benno.schulenberg@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] "Calculating world dependencies" taking forever first time
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 11:32:50
1 Walter Dnes wrote:
2 > I did an "emerge --sync" on my main machine, followed by
3 > "emerge --ask --deep --update --world --fetchonly". It spent
4 > several minutes at "Calculating world dependencies", with the
5 > "spinner" very slowly moving. Eventually it ran. Subsequent
6 > calls to emerge ran at the usual speed I'm accustomed to.
7
8 You upgraded portage. The einfos said to run 'emerge --metadata'
9 first thing.
10
11 > I also notice USE flags in the outout.
12 > "-ip32r10k%" is in yellow, whatever that signifies...
13
14 The percent sign means it's a new flag since you last emerged the
15 package. See 'man emerge'.
16
17 Benno
18 --