From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] "Calculating world dependencies" taking forever first time
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 15:17:57
1 Benno Schulenberg wrote:
2 > Walter Dnes wrote:
3 >> I did an "emerge --sync" on my main machine, followed by
4 >> "emerge --ask --deep --update --world --fetchonly". It spent
5 >> several minutes at "Calculating world dependencies", with the
6 >> "spinner" very slowly moving. Eventually it ran. Subsequent
7 >> calls to emerge ran at the usual speed I'm accustomed to.
8 >
9 > You upgraded portage. The einfos said to run 'emerge --metadata'
10 > first thing.
11
12 I'm also seeing this from time to time - "emerge -Duvat world"
13 just seems to take forever at the "Calculating world dependencies"
14 after I ran "eix-sync" which includes "emerge --sync". And I haven't
15 updated portage. Any ideas?
16
17 I don't think it's a missing "emerge --metadata", as the metadata
18 generation is included when running "emerge --sync" (Updating Portage
19 cache: 100%), isn't it?
20
21 Alexander Skwar
22 --
23 Never accept an invitation from a stranger unless he gives you candy.
24 -- Linda Festa
25 --
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list