From: Benno Schulenberg <benno.schulenberg@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] "Calculating world dependencies" taking forever first time
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 20:32:09
1 Alexander Skwar wrote:
2 > Benno Schulenberg wrote:
3 > > Walter Dnes wrote:
4 > >> several minutes at "Calculating world dependencies",
5 > >
6 > > You upgraded portage. The einfos said to run 'emerge
7 > > --metadata' first thing.
8 >
9 > I'm also seeing this from time to time - "emerge -Duvat world"
10 > just seems to take forever at the "Calculating world
11 > dependencies" after I ran "eix-sync" which includes "emerge
12 > --sync". And I haven't updated portage. Any ideas?
13
14 You're still at portage-2.0.*? The latest versions of those were
15 known to be terribly slow at updating the cache. Sometimes. When
16 there were lots of changes in the KDE stuff.
17
18 > I don't think it's a missing "emerge --metadata", as the metadata
19 > generation is included when running "emerge --sync" (Updating
20 > Portage cache: 100%), isn't it?
21
22 Hrrrm. Yes it was a missing "emerge --metadata". You will see when
23 you upgrade.
24
25 Benno
26 --