From: Rumen Yotov <rumen@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Creating a restricted user
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 14:39:29
1 Grant написа:
2 >> I'd like to create a really restricted user on my laptop. I don't
3 >> want the user to be able to do much of anything but browse the web,
4 >> use skype, and maybe look at photos on a CD or something. I did this:
5 >>
6 >> useradd -m -G users,audio,cdrom -s /sbin/nologin newuser
7 >>
8 >> How does that look? I've noticed when adding this kind of a user in
9 >> the past they are able to look at files all around the system that I'd
10 >> prefer they can't. Is there a good method for restricting that?
11 >> Maybe remove the users group? Is a weak password OK with this setup
12 >> since there's no shell access?
13 >
14 > Apparently -s /sbin/nologin wasn't such a good idea since the user
15 > then can't log in via GDM. Makes sense. I want the user to be able
16 > to log in via GDM but not via ssh. Is that configured in ssh?
17 >
18 > - Grant
19 Hi Grant,
20
21 Googling with 'restricted shell' returns some hints:
22 1.rsh (restricted shell) - looks that it's rather easy exit from it;
23 2.rssh - works with openssh (allows scp, sftp, rdist, rsync, and cvs);
24 3. rbash or bash with --restricted IIRC option;
25 4. check "zsh -r" vaguely remember the syntax, check about festures.
26 HTH. Rumen

smime.p7s application/x-pkcs7-signature