From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Floppy support question for old farts. lol
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 00:30:56
1 On Monday 30 January 2012 21:20:59 Dale wrote:
2
3 > I had to replace a mobo and hard drive for a friend once. For some
4 > reason the drive and controller went out. Anyway, when we reinstalled
5 > winders, it said we had to call M$ to get some long freaking number.
6 > While on the phone with them, I told them I had never heard of such
7 > nonsense before. She progressed to telling me all the canned responses
8 > but she didn't expect my response. I told her I used Linux and when you
9 > get a CD and install it on more than one system, the Linux folks have a
10 > party instead of requiring a confirmation number. I then went on to
11 > explain how I was doing this for a friend and that I wouldn't install M$
12 > crap on my rig if it was free. I could tell she was not happy about my
13 > thoughts on her product since she got quiet. Me being a chatter box at
14 > times, I just kept explaining the advantages of Linux over M$.
15
16 How to win friends and influence people!
19 Rgds
20 Peter Linux Counter 5290, 1994-04-23