From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Typewriter sound
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 20:20:14
1 On 2011-08-31, Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 12:46 PM, Grant Edwards
3 ><grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >>> b) old school pc-speaker in your computer
5 >>
6 >> Even then, how do you play a recorded sound file containing a
7 >> typeblock-hitting-platen sound through that speaker? It was connected
8 >> to a timer-counter output pin not a D/A converter (unless you count
9 >> timer/counter output pin as a 1-bit D/A converter).
10 >
11 > I think it just made the generic "beep" (or a beep short enough and
12 > low enough in tone to sound similar to a click)
13
14 I checked, and I do have the old standard PC-speaker connected to the
15 motherboard, and "xset c" still does nothing.
16
17 > not playing a custom sound file.
18
19 Which is what the OP asked for.
22 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! Why don't you ever
23 at enter any CONTESTS,
24 gmail.com Marvin?? Don't you know
25 your own ZIPCODE?