From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: akonadi ... don't you just love it?
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 17:54:12
1 On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 10:38 AM, Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 08/12/2014 12:31 AM, Neil Bothwick wrote:
3 >>
4 >> Yes, I think it was dev-qt/qtsql that broke MythTV. I notice that
5 >> dev-python/mysql-python was rebuilt at the same time, so that must have
6 >> been missed too, whereas dev-perl/DBD-mysql was re-emerged right after
7 >> mysql.
11 > It most definitely was, I just updated my backend and 3 remote frontends
12 > and had this issue. Portage missed this completely, it was
13 > revdep-rebuild that found this breakage and repaired it. From what I
14 > remember there was a python sql package that wound up being broken too.
15
16 Yup. My frontends broke after updating the backend. Clearly there is
17 some kind of incompatibility between client/server cross-version.
18 This isn't just a linking issue. I suspect qtsql was the issue - I
19 just didn't recall that when I made my last post.
20
21 Rich