From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] VPN vs LAN address hostname resolution
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 20:40:43
1 Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On 05/22/13 12:36, Samuraiii wrote:
4 > > Hello,
5 > >
6 > > I am trying to get hostname address resolution on my LAN and VPN with
7 > > one serious problem:
8 > > I have two "networks" eg. 10.1.1.0 and 10.2.2.0 which are representing
9 > > local address space for LAN (10.1.1.0/8) and VPN address space (10.2.2.0/8).
10 >
11 > This isn't two networks, it's one network and you've got the VPN space
12 > overlapping the LAN space. To oversimplify a little, Don't Do That.
13 >
14 > Use a separate subnet for the VPN. Then traffic to the VPN will be
15 > routed over the VPN interface as intended, but traffic to the LAN will
16 > be routed over the LAN interface. This is what you want, but right now
17 > the VPN and the LAN are the same network, so "routing to the LAN" is the
18 > same as "routing to the VPN", and your network stack doesn't know what
19 > to do with it.
22 OK, why are they the same network? Looks like two separate networks to
23 me, but I am very interested if I am wrong.
27 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
28 How do
29 you spend it?
30
31 John Covici