From: "Jesús Guerrero" <i92guboj@×××××.es>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo's advantage: 'optimized for your system' -- huh?
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 19:56:07
1 El Jue, 5 de Febrero de 2009, 16:23, Grant Edwards escribió:
2 > On 2009-02-05, Dirk Uys <dirkcuys@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >> The type of user I don't like is the ignorant type. Innocent
6 >> users are ok, they don't know, but ignorant users choose not to know.
7 >
8 > Surely there are things you use without knowing how they work.
9 > You probably use a phone, but do you _really_ know how the
10 > cellular system works? How about the landline phone system? The water
11 > supply system? Sewage treatment? Do you know how a refinery works? A
12 > chemical plant? How about the CPU in your computer. Do you actually know
13 > how it works?
14 >
15 >> And so often these ignorant users demand that they should be
16 >> able to do anything on a computer. If you wish to benefit from using
17 >> computers, you should be prepared to spend some time to get to know how
18 >> the stuff works. The more you want to do, the more you need to know.
19 >> Not: "I want amarok without mysql and
20 >> xyz plugin running all silky and smooth, but don't give me any command
21 >> line run-arounds or lots of talk about USE flags".
22 >
23 > We're all ignorant about 99% of the things we use. You just
24 > happened to choose a different 1% than some other people.
25
26 That's completely unfair.
27
28 If you don't want to know how a fridge work you buy a fridge,
29 not the tools to make a fridge, which is what Gentoo is.
30
31 If you don't want to make the fridge yourself, go Ubuntu and let
32 us build our fridges ourselves. Why do you want to spoil our fun?
33 Isn't there enough premade distros that are easy to handle around?
36 Jesús Guerrero