From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problems rendering unicode characters
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 09:37:07
1 On Monday 16 October 2006 11:11, Liviu Andronic wrote:
2 > Hello list,
3 >
4 > My system doesn't seem to be able to render certain fonts, mainly
5 > corefonts (Microsoft Arial, Verdana & Co.), but also unicode
6 > characters (Cyrillic, French diacritics, etc. of Sans, Vera and some
7 > other). They display a series of four numbers instead of a given
8 > character. The only font that is doing the job acceptably well - that
9 > is displays correctly all these characters - is Dejavu.
10 >
11 > I have re-emerged freetype with
12 > -bindist. And I would really like to be able to set some Verdana or
13 > Arial non-antialiased font as GTK default.
14
15 emerge corefonts
16
17 alan