From: Liviu Andronic <landronimirc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problems rendering unicode characters
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 09:57:17
1 On 10/16/06, Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Monday 16 October 2006 11:11, Liviu Andronic wrote:
4 > > Hello list,
5 > >
6 > > My system doesn't seem to be able to render certain fonts, mainly
7 > > corefonts (Microsoft Arial, Verdana & Co.), but also unicode
8 > > characters (Cyrillic, French diacritics, etc. of Sans, Vera and some
9 > > other). They display a series of four numbers instead of a given
10 > > character. The only font that is doing the job acceptably well - that
11 > > is displays correctly all these characters - is Dejavu.
12 > >
13 > > I have re-emerged freetype with
14 > > -bindist. And I would really like to be able to set some Verdana or
15 > > Arial non-antialiased font as GTK default.
16 >
17 > emerge corefonts
18 >
19 I did. They are merged with the system. The problem is that GTK or freetype
20 (don't what would be technically correct) refuses to display them
21 correctly. "They display a series of four numbers instead of a given
22 character. "
26 Liviu