From: "Michael A. Smith" <michael@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problem emerging UT2004
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 16:34:22
1 Steve B. wrote:
2 > Hey everybody,
3 >
4 > This is kind of stupid problem, but I just can't seem to figure this one
5 > out. I can't emerge UT2004. I set my CD_ROOT to my cdrom (/media/hdc) and
6 > the first CD copies fine, but it never gives me time to umount and mount the
7 > second CD. It simply tries (and thinks it has success) on the rest of the
8 > CD's but I know that it just copied the data from CD1 six times.
9 >
10 > This is the first time I have ever tried to install a game from CD on linux,
11 > so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
12 >
13 > -----
14 > Steve B.
15
16 I use the DVD, so this is purely hypothetical, but what if you export
17 CD1_ROOT instead of CD_ROOT?
18
19 Actually looking at the ebuild I expect this not to work, but it
20 can't hurt to try.
21
22 The ebuild is confusing:
23
24 >> From ut2004-data-3186.ebuild
25 DISK1="CD1/"
26 DISK2="CD2/"
27 DISK3="CD3/"
28 DISK4="CD4/"
29 DISK5="CD5/"
30 DISK6="CD6/"
31
32 ...
33
34 cp -r ${CDROM_ROOT}/${DISK1}{Animations,ForceFeedback,Help,KarmaData,Map
35 s,Sounds,Web} ${Ddir} || die "copying files"
36
37 << end snippet
38
39 It looks as if it expects all that data to be copied into 6 paths
40 inside $CDROM_ROOT. I don't know anyone with 6 spare optical drives,
41 so I can't imagine they expected them to be mounted. But how else can
42 it be interpreted?
43
44 -Mike
45 --