From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Office web filtering
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2008 22:14:50
1 On 8 Nov 2008, at 20:00, Florian Philipp wrote:
2 > Stroller schrieb:
3 >> ...
4 >> Anyone got any suggestions regarding web filtering for a small
5 >> office of
6 >> a dozen employees?
7 >>
8 > [...]
9 >> So what I'd prefer is really some kind of system that pops up a
10 >> message
11 >> "this site cannot be displayed because it is in the filter category
12 >> [pr0n|frivolous]; if you would like to see it anyway, please enter
13 >> your
14 >> username & password". I used to work at a place that displayed a
15 >> similar
16 >> message & allowed with a single click a user to submit to the admin
17 >> websites that had been blacklisted in error; so I am sure something
18 >> like
19 >> this is possible, I just don't know if it's available in open-source.
20 >>
21 > DansGuardian (in portage) offers user authentication via NTLM and
22 > other
23 > mechanisms [1]. I assume it also offers all the other features you
24 > want
25 > although I never used it.
26 >
27 > [1]
28 > http://contentfilter.futuragts.com/wiki/doku.php?id=user_identification_methods
29
30 This looks GREAT! Thanks!
31
32 It'll take me a day or two to have time to look at this properly,
33 though, so in the meantime I'd still welcome for comparison purposes
34 any other suggestions.
35
36 Stroller.