From: Florian Philipp <lists@××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Office web filtering
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2008 20:01:02
1 Stroller schrieb:
2 > Hi there,
3 >
4 > Anyone got any suggestions regarding web filtering for a small office of
5 > a dozen employees?
6 >
7 [...]
8 > So what I'd prefer is really some kind of system that pops up a message
9 > "this site cannot be displayed because it is in the filter category
10 > [pr0n|frivolous]; if you would like to see it anyway, please enter your
11 > username & password". I used to work at a place that displayed a similar
12 > message & allowed with a single click a user to submit to the admin
13 > websites that had been blacklisted in error; so I am sure something like
14 > this is possible, I just don't know if it's available in open-source.
15 >
16 DansGuardian (in portage) offers user authentication via NTLM and other
17 mechanisms [1]. I assume it also offers all the other features you want
18 although I never used it.
19
20 [1]
21 http://contentfilter.futuragts.com/wiki/doku.php?id=user_identification_methods