From: "Jc García" <jyo.garcia@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Was Vim compiled with +eval feature?
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2014 04:42:31
1 2014-10-05 22:18 GMT-06:00 Gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com>:
2 > I have downloaded the snippet plugin from
3 > http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=361
4 > and have done all the steps described there to
5 > install it but, unfortunately, it does not work.
6 >
7 Stop installing vim plug-ins manually. use one of the plug-in
8 installers out there, pathogen[1] is really nice and easy to use,
9 basically you just do 'git clone' the repo of the plug-in in
10 ~/.vim/bundle/
11 and have this at the top of your .vimrc
12 execute pathogen#infect()
13
14 Plus you can upgrade your plugins easily 'git fetch && git pull' (I
15 made a small script that handles this for any plug-ins I have
16 installed)
17 I also use the snippet[2] plugin, and cloned/upgrade it from github.
18 [1] https://github.com/tpope/vim-pathogen
19 [2] https://github.com/honza/vim-snippets