From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Get off my lawn?
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 22:33:12
1 Rich Freeman <rich0 <at> gentoo.org> writes:
4 > Lots of folks everywhere are saying "no thanks anyway." I'd be
5 > shocked if embedded was any different. Lots of distros want nothing
6 > to do with it, and lots of distros are switching over wholeheartedly.
7 > I'm not really sure what this has to do with Gentoo though.
8
9 Many distros are forking or contemplating forks:
10
11 https://devuan.org/
12
13 So your all or nothing scenario is a bit more complex; and
14 many users will migrate to other distros, with systemd or not
15 being one of the key elements in their decision, imho.
18 > I do agree that it would be nice to see more documentation on using
19 > Gentoo with Ansible. I plan to spend some time tinkering with it
20 > myself.
21
22 I think many of us here at Gentoo have "Ansible Fever". It is my latest
23 solution to many of my current admin kludges.... I think if the more
24 advanced members of our Gentoo community would donate a wee_bit of time
25 in the form of some Ansible recipes (cookbooks) it would go a very long
26 way to close the gap between the gentoo handbook and a happy (shiney?)
27 new Gentoo install; imho.
30 Lots of folks are using Anible with their clusters.
33 peace,
34 James