From: Florian Philipp <lists@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] IO latency issues
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 12:49:12
1 Am 10.03.2013 00:53, schrieb cosmoslx lin:>
2 > 2013/3/10 Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com
3 > <mailto:volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>>
4 >
5 > Am 09.03.2013 19:15, schrieb Florian Philipp:
6 > > Hi list!
7 > >
8 > > Whenever I do sequential IO for a long stretch of time (e.g.
9 > md5summing
10 > > 40 GB), I'm experiencing high load (ca. 6 on a 4 CPU system) and
11 > > temporary freezes of most applications. For example, switching between
12 > > tabs in konsole sometimes takes more than 2 seconds.
13 > >
14 [...]
15 > >
16 > congratulation. You hit 'the bug'. Been around for ages, but for magical
17 > reasons kernel dev are unable to see or unable to do something about it.
18 > If you are using a vanilla kernel, posting on lkml might be the right
19 > thing to do.
20 >
21 > I have try the BFQ patch outside of the kernel mainline, it works well.
22 > Maybe you would like to see:
23 > http://algo.ing.unimo.it/people/paolo/disk_sched/
26 Thanks. I'll try pf-sources which should to include that patch set.
27
28 Regards,
29 Florian Philipp