From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] OT: recommendation for external usb2 / firewire 2.5in hd case
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 06:17:37
1 Hi All,
2
3 I hope you don't find all these OT posts annoying, but this is the only
4 real ml I'm subscribed to atm :)
5
6 I am looking for a 2.5in HD enclosure, with USB 2. SD Card reader is a
7 bonus, as is video / audio playback from the device itself.
8
9 I'm leaning toward this one from vosonic, that can even view video on
10 its display http://www.vosonic.com/index.php?php_mode=spec&php_itemid=36
11 as well as being able to copy from SD to HD without the PC!
12
13 I would like to hear about your experience with linux and USB 2
14 performance from various chipsets, especially if you've tried vosonic
15 products already. Alternatively, firewire would be nice, but I think it
16 would cost too much $$ for the same features.
17
18 Thanks,
19 --
20 Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>