From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Update the clock using internet servers: recommendations
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 16:58:41
1 On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 23:11:43 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > An interesting sidenote on this. I work for a tier 1 carrier in my
4 > country and right now we are replacing our ntp server. I don't work
5 > with this stuff every day so I was most surprised to find that the new
6 > unit is actually a GPS device and will no longer sync to the stratum 1
7 > server run by our Scientific Research Council.
8
9 And if someone steals it, it can tell you where it is :)
13 Neil Bothwick
14
15 Where the system is concerned, you're not allowed to ask `Why?'