From: Mike Huber <michael.huber@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] grub + pxeboot
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2006 16:20:54
1 There was a really good guide on how to do this (at least, from the point of
2 view of booting an nfs-mounted root directory) in the alternate installation
3 guide. I'm pretty sure that you have to compile grub with the
4 --enable-diskless option. I'm not really sure how to do that easily within
5 portage, but I'm sure someone will chime in with an appropiate answer.
6 Obviously PXE-booting requires a machine with a modern enough BIOS to
7 support it.
8
9 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/altinstall.xml
10