From: YoYo Siska <yoyko@×××××××.sk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] grub + pxeboot
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 13:28:59
1 Mike Huber wrote:
2 > There was a really good guide on how to do this (at least, from the
3 > point of view of booting an nfs-mounted root directory) in the alternate
4 > installation guide. I'm pretty sure that you have to compile grub with
5 > the --enable-diskless option. I'm not really sure how to do that easily
6 > within portage, but I'm sure someone will chime in with an appropiate
7 > answer.
8
9 The "netboot" use flag seems to be the right thing ;) it seems that it
10 enables other things beside "--enable-diskless" that look like network
11 drivers/whatever.. (never tried it)
12
13 BTW if you want to pass something to ./configure in an emerge, just use
14
15 EXTRA_ECONF="--enable-diskless" emerge -av grub
16
17 But I don't know if it can be set pernamently for that package in some
18 file in /etc/portage/....
19 >
20 > On 6/2/06, *Enrico Weigelt* < weigelt@×××××.de