From: Zac Medico <zmedico@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't login using KDM
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 15:39:20
1 Yuval Scharf wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I'm using KDE 3.4.
5 > Since few days ago I can't login using KDM.
6 > The login process can't pass the "initializing peripherals" stage.
7 > I can see that there are two processes running kded (one of the is the father
8 > of the other) which I can't kill.
9 > After rebooting the machine I can login once and then the probelm returns.
10 >
11 > Any ideas?
12 >
13 > Thanks,
14 > Yuval Scharf
15
16 This kind of problem is usually some type of permissions issue. Maybe it's related to the hidden .ICE-unix, .X0-lock, or .X11-unix in /tmp. Try logging in as root and/or bypass kdm with startx. Did you get anything in /var/log/kdm.log?
17
18 Zac
19 --
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list