From: Yuval Scharf <y_scharf@×××××××××××××.il>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't login using KDM - solved
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 15:05:53
1 On Tuesday 12 July 2005 18:23, Zac Medico wrote:
2 > Yuval Scharf wrote:
3 > > Hi,
4 > >
5 > > I'm using KDE 3.4.
6 > > Since few days ago I can't login using KDM.
7 > > The login process can't pass the "initializing peripherals" stage.
8 > > I can see that there are two processes running kded (one of the is the
9 > > father of the other) which I can't kill.
10 > > After rebooting the machine I can login once and then the probelm
11 > > returns.
12 > >
13 > > Any ideas?
14 > >
15 > > Thanks,
16 > > Yuval Scharf
17 >
18 > This kind of problem is usually some type of permissions issue. Maybe it's
19 > related to the hidden .ICE-unix, .X0-lock, or .X11-unix in /tmp. Try
20 > logging in as root and/or bypass kdm with startx. Did you get anything in
21 > /var/log/kdm.log?
22 >
23 > Zac
24
25 Hi,
26
27 Apparently /tmp/.ICE-unix was owned by my user instead of the root.
28
29 Thanks,
30 Yuval
31 --